Antique Furniture/Dining Room Suit - Thomasville Chair Co.

table and buffet
table and buffet  

China Closet
China Closet  
Hello there,

I would like to get a reasonibly value of my grandfather dinning set. believe is what I've researched and the size. I've had it resorted but the chair are still very fragile. I'm thinking of selling it for these are a bit rough right now and I might be down sizing soon.
Table- L:74" H:29"W:42"
includes 1 extra leaf and a rubber protective cover.
5: chairs. 1 :arm chairs
China Closet- L: 44"H: 73"W: 15"
Buffet Table- L: 62"H: 36"W:36"

Duncan Phyfe style set was made in the late 40s. Made by Thomasville Chair Co. and made of red mahogany.

Thank you for your help,

chairs look like the slat backs are trying to delaminate.

Federal style sounds better than Duncan Phyfe style so use accordingly.

45 each for the chairs

china cabinet

this is a classic style so there are lots of them available which will slow your sale and make pricing an issue, you may have to go low to sell quickly  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.