Antique Furniture/Grandmothers bedroom set

Chest of drawers
Chest of drawers  

My father recently brought over a bedroom set that belonged to his parents. It was painted white with an antiquing technique in the 1950s my dad remembers but we are unsure of the date the actual piece is from or the style it is. We are in a labor of love trying to restore.  Any help you have in what it is or date would be greatly appreciated as it would give us a better understanding of the era.

i know how much work you have put into this and the vanity looks fantastic!!!!  I have always said that if they manufactured house paint as tough as those antiquing kits from the 50s and 60s we would only have to paint our houses once a life time or so!

set is from around 1910-15.

picture of the vanity is dark but some of the veneer is walnut and some is mahogany.  very high styled, not the common grade pieces of furniture.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.