Antique Furniture/Kittinger CW104 chairs

Brand mark
Brand mark  

I recently acquired two Kittinger chairs.  I believe they are CW104.  Attached is a picture of one of the chairs and the Kittinger marking.  Please let me know if you can tell what the approximate age and value of these two chairs.  Thanks very much for your help.  The chairs are matching.  Are they worth more as a set?

Hi Patty,

Based on the burn in on the rear leg I can tell you that these chairs were made prior to 1941.
It appears that they have been reupholstered sometime later in a very undesirable fabric.

Most buyers that are interested in these chairs usually want to have them reupholstered in
a period fabric that is suitable to their décor.

Here is a sample of a more period-style upholstery job.

I place a current value of $800. - $1,000 for the pair. They are more valuable as a pair than a single.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.