Antique Furniture/Knechtel cabinet

Knechtel cabinet
Knechtel cabinet  

Knechtel cabinet
Knechtel cabinet  

Is this a mid-century piece, & considered 'teak'? What would the approximate value of the piece be?

I know very little about furniture, but my mother told me it was bought in the 1950's by my grandmother.

Please advise. Many thanks!

after reading it is unlikely it is teak but still, without a close picture of the wood grain i cannot say with certanity.

the company is still in operation, i suggest you contact them.  they have a good and strong history, same family since the mid 1800s.

the style is mid century and in my area it would sell at 650-800 in a good store.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.