Antique Furniture/Knechtel cabinet

Question
Knechtel cabinet
Knechtel cabinet  

Knechtel cabinet
Knechtel cabinet  
Hi!

Is this a mid-century piece, & considered 'teak'? What would the approximate value of the piece be?

I know very little about furniture, but my mother told me it was bought in the 1950's by my grandmother.

Please advise. Many thanks!

Answer
after reading it is unlikely it is teak but still, without a close picture of the wood grain i cannot say with certanity.

the company is still in operation, i suggest you contact them.  they have a good and strong history, same family since the mid 1800s.

the style is mid century and in my area it would sell at 650-800 in a good store.

Antique Furniture

robert klein