Antique Furniture/Mid Century Office Chair Maker

Question
Tulip Chair
Tulip Chair  

Distributor
Distributor  
I have this chair that I found in a old doctors office. It resembles the Herman Miller / Eames Style Tulip chair, but it does NOT have either hallmark. The only thing that it has is the Distributor which is 'Frank & Son Inc.'  I have included a picture of this. It also has the word 'Rockford' on the metal part of the wheels. I haven't been able to find anything on this particular distributor and I don't know if there where a lot of copy-cat chairs like this perhaps? I just am curious of the actual designer or manufacturer. I am looking to sell this item and would like to have as much info as possible to give to my customers. Thanks so much!

Answer
i would like to help more but this is way out of my area of expertise. below is some information i had in the computer.  lots of institutional or hospitality items were built by many companies, many of the same form.

Selected Entity Name: FRANK & SON, INC. Selected Entity Status Information Current Entity Name: FRANK & SON, INC. DOS ID #: 21602 Initial DOS Filing Date: DECEMBER 11, 1925 County: NEW YORK Jurisdiction: NEW YORK Entity Type: DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION Current Entity Status: ACTIVE

Selected Entity Address Information DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity) FRANK & SON, INC. 180 SANDERSON DRIVE CONWAY, SOUTH CAROLINA, 29526 Chief Executive Officer GEORGE E SANDERSON PO BOX 1252 CONWAY, SOUTH CAROLINA, 29526 Principal Executive Office FRANK & SON, INC. 180 SANDERSON DR CONWAY, SOUTH CAROLINA, 29526

Originally begun as Frank & Danziger in 1888, Frank & Son was incorporated in 1926. From that time forward, Frank & Son, Inc has produced and sold furniture. From 1926 until the late 1970's, we made furniture for sale to the retail furniture industry. In the early 1980's, we began to focus on the Hospitality Industry, and produce a variety of furniture for this purpose.

Today, Frank & Sons Inc. serves the hospitality industry as well as college dorms, healthcare facilities, and other types of environments where guestrooms and public area hospitality furnishings are called for....designed to be strong and sturdy to hold up in hospitality environments.

hope this helps some.

Antique Furniture

robert klein