Antique Furniture/Saybolt Cleland Leather Settee & 4 Chairs

Saybolt Cleland
Saybolt Cleland  

Leather Chair
Leather Chair  
We came to own a Leather settee and 4 leather chairs made by Saybolt Cleland.  I was wondering what the value might be. The last know owner was the American Philosophical Society.

Hi Christina,

Since I am not able to see a photo of the settee and only one of the 4 chairs
which appears to have issues with the leather, what I can tell you is the chairs
have a value of $100. each. since re-upholstery costs are a big factor.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.