Antique Furniture/Sikes Buffalo Desk or Secretary

Question
Sikes Desk
Sikes Desk  

Scratches
Scratches  
Please can you give me an estimate of the value and age or any information please?
Thank you very much
This is a re-post with the photos you requested.

Answer
cherry wood desk, a partners desk i believe, doesnt one row of drawers open from each side.  made in the 40s early 50s and would sell in a shop around 500, with the scratch gone.  a very well made and styled desk!!

The are a multitude of sites giving various information of the company but in a nutshell here is the more condensed version.
"Sikes Chair Company
Year: 1859 - 1956
Reference: http://sikes-sykesfamilies.rootsweb.com/furniture.htm

Notes: In 1859 the company was established and operated as S.D. Sikes & Brother for 15 years at 500 Clinton Street, Buffalo, NY.  In 1875 the Buffalo Chair Company, a subsidiary of Edwin Sikes & Co, was founded.  From 1904-1906 Sikes Chair Company moved to Philadelphia, PA, and operated there for several years.  In 1916 Sikes Chair Company resumed operations in Buffalo, NY.  Buffalo Chair Company went out of business in 1919.  In 1930 The Sikes Chair Company bought the Cutler Desk Company to become the Sikes-Cutler Desk Corporation.  The Sikes Chair Company was bankrupted in the Great Depression.  No furniture was made from 1929-1933.  By 1933, the economy was entering a growth spurt and The Sikes Company continued the manufacture of fine furniture until 1956.

Antique Furniture

robert klein