Antique Furniture/Value of Virginia House Maple Dining Room set

Question
Dining Room Furniture
Dining Room Furniture  
QUESTION: Good Afternoon,
I recently had a frozen water pipe burst which flooded my home. My dining room furniture was damaged. It was my parents first purchase in the 1950's. I am only able to find a stamp with Virginia House maple. I have attached a picture of the stamp and of the furinture. Could you please let me know if this is considered an antique and what the estimate value is? Thank you for your time, Kimberly

ANSWER: sorry about your flooding.

i need to see a picture of the items to be evaluated to help you.

use the followup function to post two more pictures.

thanks

Additional Picturs
Additional Picturs  
QUESTION: Thank you. I have attached 3 more pictures.

Answer
It is not considered an antique but will fall into the vintage, collectable catagory.

you will do better to have the insurance company pay for restoration than replacement.  you dont what to tell them this but the restoration costs will be much higher than the pre loss value.

send more pictures to my email as attachments to one email.  please send better quality pictures so i can see the condition.  I need to see pictures of the whole set to help. thank you.

you may also call my shop if you would like to discuss this.

Antique Furniture

robert klein