Antique Furniture/Dresser history and value

Dresser Front View
Dresser Front View  

Dresser Rear View
Dresser Rear View  

My wife and I have had this dresser for over 37 years and it was previously part of her mothers furniture set.  The back of the dresser has the company name and what I believe is a business address (see photo). There is also a number (hand written) on the bottom inside area of the drawers with the number "505".  The only information I have been able to find is that the Ward Furniture Manufacturing Company existed from 1923 to 1930 in Fort Smith, Arkansas and I did find a 1921 news paper ad for the company as well (see photo).  If you can provide any further information about the dresser and if it has any value at all it would be appreciated.  I have included two photos showing the piece and the construction type, I can sent additional photos if you need them.  Thanks Don

I read an interview with an employee of ward furniture who stated that the company was still in existence in 1969.

This confirms my thinking that this set was from the late 1930s to 1950.  this was a popular style at the time called modern.

clean and sturdy this would sell in a shop at 350.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.