Antique Furniture/The Georgetown Galleries, Mahogany Hutch

Question
Hutch
Hutch  

Tags
Tags  
Good evening Mr. Harrison,

I bought a solid Mahogany hutch a few weeks ago  for $69.00. I love the piece and would be interested in knowing more about it, including an approximate value. In the top drawer I found 3 separate tags but no indication of the time period it's from.

Answer
Hi Robyn,

Your diminutive breakfront was most likely made in the 1940's -50's.
There aren't any archives in existence for the furniture made by
Georgetown Galleries  since it was not considered important furniture,
rather furniture that was built to a price.

It is a piece that that is scaled down from a larger 18th century example
for smaller houses and pocketbooks, therefore not very important. The
price you were abele to buy it for is a very good indication.

While you did not overpay I do not see many willing buyers for this
piece, which is within the range that you paid.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.amwericanainteriors.com/  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III