Antique Furniture/Kittinger Beds

I recently acquired a double bed that I was told was an original Kittinger. I was wondering if there is a specific detail on the bed anywhere that would verify it being a Kittinger? Thank you for your time and hope to hear back soon.

Hi Gina,

Without seeing a picture I am not able to confirm that the beds were made by
the Kittinger Furniture Co.
The Kittinger company usually braded their furniture and they would be marked
on  the rear of the bed.
There are many people claiming that Colonial Mahogany furniture was made by
the Kittinger company because of the furniture's value over other brands.
My advice is to be  aware.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.