Antique Furniture/Mahogany Councill Low Boy

Councill Low Boy
Councill Low Boy  
QUESTION: Mr. Klein,

I have this piece of mahogany low boy made by Councill Craftsmen that I have acquired a couple years ago.  It is in a pretty good condition.  I have attached a picture of it as well as the label.

Sorry the picture turns out a little dark, but I could not make it brighter, hope that is OK to you.   If not, please let me know.  It is solid mahogany.   What period is this low boy made in?

How much do you think it is worth in today's market?

Thank you so very much for your time.

ANSWER: i cant tell you the age from the exterior, can you use the followup function and post a picture of the back and one of the outside of the side of the drawer where the side meets the front of the drawer so i can see the joint.

Drawer joint
Drawer joint  
QUESTION: Mr. Klein,

I have since taken a picture of the joint of the drawer of the low boy as attached.   However I can not get to the back.   The low boy is currently sitting in my dinning room against the wall, I can not move this piece alone without help from my husband.

I hope this help in determining the value of the low boy.

Thank you for your valuable time.

They opened in 1973 making hand crafted items and I have no way to determine when this would have been made.  please check all over the piece, including the back and underneath, inside and under drawers for any other markings that may help.  

Since this is not antique and is a bit out of my area of expertise please give me some time to do some research on the company and its products, might take a couple of weeks.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.