Antique Furniture/Unknown Desk??

Hello Sir,
We purchased this desk a little over 4 years ago from a historic home in downtown St.Louis. The party we bought it from had just purchased the home and the desk was already there and did not fit their taste so we lucked into it. We however have never been able to figure out the age or manufacturer. We think it looks like a Jacobean Era but others have said early 1600s but I am not sure if it is that old. Curious to find out what it is. THANK YOU!

Hi Sarah,

Wile I am not able to tell you exactly which furniture company made your desk. It appears
to be in the typical 1920's Jacobean style made by any one of a large number of companies
at that time period. The woods used are typically Walnut with oak secondary's.

Due to the heavy cumbersome style of this furniture,e not many people are interested
in the purchase of it, giving it a value of $275 to $450.

Best Wishes for the holidays,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.