Antique Furniture/antique tables

Claw foot table
Claw foot table  
I have 2 antique tables that belonged to my late grandfather, and have since become mine after the passing of both of my parents recently.
One, is solid wood, with claw feet holding glass balls, and the other is a two tier wood carved piece.
It was very important to me to hold these pieces out of respect for my family but unfortunately I just don't have the space for them in my small home with a second child here and my husband does not see the value in them the way I do, so we have agreed it is fair to hold onto one and sell the other two.

I know nothing about these pieces, and I am willing to part with them, however I just do not want to sell myself short on these pieces, as I have no idea their value. I know it would disappoint my mother.
I have attached an image, and I will send some more to the email that was provided.

I hope you can give me some idea as to their value (and by value I mean the price, and the rarity of it as well because I do appreciate the uniqueness and preservation of these)

Thank you!

Jennifer Hickling

this is difficult for me to answer because i think you should keep them both as they are family and later someone, your kids maybe, will want and treasure them.  

the two tier mahogany veneer and sweet gum table was made in the 1940s.  the oak table was made around 1900.
they are not rare, they are better than the average of like kinds.  the are manufactured but since there were several thousand manufacturers, without a label no one can tell you where they were made.  i would keep the oak one if you must keep only one.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.