Antique Furniture/Art Deco Vanity and Tall Boy

tall boy
tall boy  
I have inherited a vanity and tall boy from my grandmother. The furniture was probably brought just after she married in the 1930s and remained in her possession. There was a bed also, but it has since broken. I am wondering about the worth of the vanity and tall boy.  Both have wood veneer (I think mahogany?).  The mirror of the vanity has a stamp reading J. L Witz and the number 433 appears on all the pieces of furniture. Can you tell me a ball park price?  Thank you.

these are from the 1930s as you suspect.  i cannot see the gain in the front of the chest or vanity in the photos but you are probably right in assuming it is mahognay veneer although it may be walnut.

the vanity isthe more desirable item and would bring retail in a shop about 4-450$.  the chest has some condition issues but would still bring around 225-250 retail in a shop.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.