Antique Furniture/coat rack chair

I bought this chair for $20.00 because I like the style of it. I was told it was from the late 1800's ? I can not find any markings on it. I don't know even the proper name of this chair nor period it was made or value if this is one. It is in very good condition and the seat is in great condition. I hope you can help me out. Thank you for your time Ronald

it is a butlers rack.  hanging ties, coats, shirts, pants with the tray for change and watches and rings.  i cannot see the seat but often there is a drawer under the seat, socks, handkerchiefs or whatevers.

cannot tell you the age, we see these from 1940 to the present.

they sell at 45$ in shops.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.