Antique Furniture/identify what the antique is

The Windsor by Montgomery Ward
The Windsor by Montgom  
Will you please give me your advice on what this antique piece is?  How much do you think it would sell for privately?

This is an icebox made in oak.

inside the left upper door is where the block ice goes, there is a metal tube that goes from that compartment down through the floor of the ice box.  the water catch tray goes underneath.  The wood at the bottom swivels up to access the tray.  the right side should have metal wire shelves.  the handles are self latching on this model and all the hardware is nickel plated brass.

these can be bought at auction around 350-600 and sell in shops from 700-1000.  How well I remember the days these could be bought for 22-25$ in PA.  In the early 70s we would strip and finish the exterior and depending on what the interior was, it is either metal or white porcelain, we would line the interior with heavy fabric and install glass shelves for storing beverages and glasses often we would put a light inside.  These days the are catching back on as they are very versatile.  when power is off for a few days you would be surprised how long a block of ice will keep your foods.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.