Antique Furniture/Sikes Morris Chair

Question
Sikes Morris Chair
Sikes Morris Chair  

Sikes Morris Chair
Sikes Morris Chair  
Value of Sikes Morris Chair in perfect condition? An elderly lady has taken very good care of the chair and thinks it is "extremely valuable." However, I've checked eBay and other sources (on the Internet) and find it very reasonably priced. We're cleaning out her home (she is at a care facility) and want to advertise the chair for a realistic price and not her inflated expectation. ~~ Thank you!!

Answer
Dear Lorraine,

With the current state of the market and what was popular yesterday, it's not so much
the case today.

What most sellers fail to realize is that we are in a rapidly changing society and
what was popular, 2 to 3 years ago, can be quite dead today.

I see these chairs going begging for a couple of hundred dollars. Another factor to take
into consideration is the present fabric covering. It would have never been my choice
and the cost for new quality fabric and competent re-upholstery could easily exceed
the cost of the  chair alone.

Feel free to present my thoughts to the owner.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III