Antique Furniture/Antique Buffet Table

Antique Buffet Table
Antique Buffet Table  
I recently acquired an antique buffet table that I am thinking of restoring and I wanted to get more information before proceeding.  I have tried searching on the web for more info about the company that made it but have had no luck.  The buffet has a green sticker on the inside that reads Built By John since 1891 and has stenciled lettering and numbers on the back that ready No. .95 BUFF.  Any info you know would be wonderful.  Thank you so much.

Dear Ruth,

I wish I could be of greater help to you in the identification for your Buffet Sideboard.

Most likely it was built around 1910 and at that time there were a huge number of
furniture companies, all building very similar furniture pieces.  

In today's world, there is not much interest in this style and wile I do not know what part
of the country you hail from, but here on the east coast, pieces like this get put out on
trash day or donated to the Salvation Army.

I see pieces like this selling for $50 to $100.

Believe it or not, I have some old catalogs in my reference library, showing when new,
pieces like yours sold for $20 to $25.

Good luck with your restoration.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.