Antique Furniture/Antique Buffet Table

Question
Antique Buffet Table
Antique Buffet Table  
I recently acquired an antique buffet table that I am thinking of restoring and I wanted to get more information before proceeding.  I have tried searching on the web for more info about the company that made it but have had no luck.  The buffet has a green sticker on the inside that reads Built By John since 1891 and has stenciled lettering and numbers on the back that ready No. .95 BUFF.  Any info you know would be wonderful.  Thank you so much.

Answer
Dear Ruth,

I wish I could be of greater help to you in the identification for your Buffet Sideboard.

Most likely it was built around 1910 and at that time there were a huge number of
furniture companies, all building very similar furniture pieces.  

In today's world, there is not much interest in this style and wile I do not know what part
of the country you hail from, but here on the east coast, pieces like this get put out on
trash day or donated to the Salvation Army.

I see pieces like this selling for $50 to $100.

Believe it or not, I have some old catalogs in my reference library, showing when new,
pieces like yours sold for $20 to $25.

Good luck with your restoration.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
<www.americanainteriors.com/>

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III