Antique Furniture/Antique Radio Table cir. 1940

Radio Desk/Table
Radio Desk/Table  
Greetings -

I inherited an antique radio desk/table that was my grandmother's from the 1940s.  It contains NO radio -- just the table with panels and a film where the radio would broadcast through. Please see attached image.  What would you value this item at?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Michael,

Back in the early days of radio, many furniture manufacturing companies were contracted
to make from simple to more elaborate cabinets for radio's and eventually, for televisions.
With the style of the cabinet it might possibly date to the 1920's.

With the high-tech world we are living in today there is really not much of a use today
for your radio cabinet. Furthermore, if one were to have a cabinetmaker modify the piece
to be used as a functional storage cabinet, the cost would be prohibitive.

I would place a nominal value of $75.-$100. for it.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.