Antique Furniture/Antique Sideboard

sideboard front
sideboard front  
top drawer
top drawer  
QUESTION: I recently acquired this sideboard and would like to know approximately how old it might be, value, type of wood and style. There are no stampings whatsoever anywhere on the piece. It is quite a large, heavy piece with dovetail joints and a very large top drawer. Thank you.

ANSWER: please use the followup function to post a clear and in focus picture of the wood grain and a picture of the back.
i believe someone has replaced the drawer pulls.

wood grain
wood grain  
QUESTION: Attached pictures of the back and a close up of the wood grain. If you believe the drawer pulls may have been replaced, what style do you think the original ones might have been? Thank you.

wood is the walnut family.  the wood inside the top drawer is a sycamore grain and there is one other wood that exhibits this grain pattern but I will have to check on that when i get to the shop where my wood samples are located.

the drawer pulls may be original, they are of the chippendale style but now looking at the legs, they are a modified chippendale style straight leg so maybe i spoke too soon. I believe it to be made in the 1910-20s.  Just dont see them tapered as much but it is a nice blend.

good looking item and the finish looks very clean, with a refinished top

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.