Antique Furniture/desk\vanity

Can you tell me when this was made? Can you tell me any information about this? What is the value?

sorry for the delay, i see that today that three questions i responded to did not post to the site.

west michigan furniture company operated between,

some quoted info on company

The West Michigan Furniture Company was the first large-scale furniture manufacturer in Holland, and the plant was the first local factory with electric lights. This enabled workers to adhere to a ten-hour work day. During the 1890s, a period of national recession, the company employed 20 percent of Holland's work force, even through the worst economic troubles. In 1899 employment peaked at 635 people. This office is the only structure remaining of the manufacturing complex. In 1889 Frank W. Hadded, George P. Hummer, and Frank Metz founded the West Michigan Furniture Company in Holland. The company produced only bedroom and dining room furniture, which was sold by a twenty-five-member sales force throughout the U.S. and parts of Canada and Mexico. In 1906 the firm created the Engel Lumber and Land Company in Louisiana, which supplied raw material to the Michigan plant. Hummer and his descendants ran the Holland business from 1889 to 1975. <end quote>

your desk appears to be from the 1930-40s, and i believe the drawer pulls have been replaced.  a selling price in a resale or antiques mall woul be around 200 depending one the condition.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.