Antique Furniture/Dresser

dresser drawer
dresser drawer  

This dresser belonged to someone in my family, I would like to know its approx age and value and type of wood.  Also would putting old english type polish ruin its "value" if any.  Thank you very much.

throw away the old english.  it is a non drying oil that collects dust adn other airborne contaminants.  use a furniture paste wax like toluene free briwax in the antique mahogany color.

the wood is mahogany veneer, style is hepplewhite style.  1940s vintage.

retail about 200

thanks for the postings

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.