Antique Furniture/Kittinger Buffet/Server

Question
Kittinger Buffet
Kittinger Buffet  

Top drawer
Top drawer  
We received this buffet as a gift over 20 years ago and are interest in selling it but have no idea what it might be worth. It has the original label "Kittinger Buffalo serial#22. Patern #D205.   It is in good condition, has silver dividers built in the top drawer. Top drawer and 2 side doors lock, have what is believed to be the original key. Thank you for any help you can give.

Answer
Hi Julia,

Your Kittinger Buffet was more than likely made in the 1950's.  While some people would
consider this to be an older piece, many of the Kittinger pieces were either copied from
18th and 19th antiques, however, this would not be the case with the overall form of this
particular piece.

The name Kittinger came into being in 1913 finding a market for traditionally styled
furniture produced to the very highest quality standards.

Today, it's important to understand the values for Kittinger furniture in the current
marketplace. While most buyers taste has moved along to the more causal and less formal
models, the pieces that continue to hold their value and sometimes bring more than the
average antique, are the pieces that Kittinger reproduced for the various museums, such
as Colonial Williams, Historic Newport, etc.

judging by the photo's that you provided, show the Buffet in very presentable condition.
Therefore, I place a realistic value of $675 to $750. for this item. Had it been a
reproduction of an important antique, you would be able to at least double the value.

I hope this response gives you more insight for your Buffet and also the current state
of the market.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
<www.americanainteriors.com>  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III