Antique Furniture/S.Bent

Rocking chair
Rocking chair  
Rocking chair
Rocking chair  
QUESTION: I have a rocking chair that I bought for $50.00 from my brother ! It is made by S.Bent Bros it had numbers on bottom as well 4 then 68 . It had a round back and the seat it belvuled ! Also no screws put together with dowels ! I was wondering how old and how much this is worth . I have been searching the internet and haven't had any luck ! Thanks for your help Tonya

ANSWER: hard to tell age since s bent worked the same colonial revival styles for more that a decade at a time.  looks to be refinished so i will say 1950s the wood appears to be ash.

can you post a picture of the label?

100$ fair market value.

QUESTION: Here is the stamp on bottom of rocking chair ! Thank you for fast response!

thanks.  it is the labeling i thought it was.  

1950s or so would be the time.  i thought ash but seeing the close picture it is oak but not from the grain it is not old growth.

great chair and quality built from a quality company.  antique of the future.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.