Antique Furniture/S.Bent

Question
Rocking chair
Rocking chair  
Rocking chair
Rocking chair  
QUESTION: I have a rocking chair that I bought for $50.00 from my brother ! It is made by S.Bent Bros it had numbers on bottom as well 4 then 68 . It had a round back and the seat it belvuled ! Also no screws put together with dowels ! I was wondering how old and how much this is worth . I have been searching the internet and haven't had any luck ! Thanks for your help Tonya

ANSWER: hard to tell age since s bent worked the same colonial revival styles for more that a decade at a time.  looks to be refinished so i will say 1950s the wood appears to be ash.

can you post a picture of the label?

100$ fair market value.

Stamp
Stamp  

Stamp
Stamp  
QUESTION: Here is the stamp on bottom of rocking chair ! Thank you for fast response!

Answer
thanks.  it is the labeling i thought it was.  

1950s or so would be the time.  i thought ash but seeing the close picture it is oak but not from the grain it is not old growth.

great chair and quality built from a quality company.  antique of the future.

Antique Furniture

robert klein