Antique Furniture/Sale of Antiques

I have recently inherited several fine antique pieces from a dear friend.  I will keep a few special ones, but need to sell a variety of couches, china hutches, tables, etc.  What is the best way to do this and be sure I'm getting the full value of these fine pieces?

Hi Karen,

I am a furniture expert therefore I am sorry I was not able to address your questions
regarding paintings and china.

While I am not sure of your location in Florida, my advice for you is to consult
your yellow pages or go on line to find and auction house close by and discuss
with them the items you wish to sell.

This way, if there are any items of real value, an auction expert can advise you
the best approach for realizing the highest dollar amount.

Good Luck,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.