Antique Furniture/temple stuart

Question
table
table  

stamp on the bottom
stamp on the bottom  
I'm buying a  temple stuart early american double pedestal table with 4 chairs and i'm looking for some history on the company or the table its self.. I would like to know if this table is an antique or a remake and how much it would be retail ( I am paying $100.00 for it )

Answer
Hi Stacey,

The Temple-Stuart furniture company of Baldwinsville, Massachusetts was run by
Donald Stuart shortly after his enlistment and eventual discharge, serving in  WWII.
That being said, your tables was most likely made in the mid twentieth century.Therefore,
it would not be considered an antique, since the definition an antique is something that
is 100 years old, or older. Vintage would be a term more suitable for your table and chairs.

It was a brand that was made to a price point, more suitable for the average person.
While the general interest in this style of furniture has been in decline for several
years, the values have dropped considerably.  

Your table has a general retail value of about $250. and the chairs,while I am not able
to see them, I would place a value of $35 to $50. per chair, providing they do not have
any structural issues.

Good luck with them.

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III