Antique Furniture/Value of desk?

Imperial Desk Company
Imperial Desk Company  

Imperial Desk Company 2
Imperial Desk Company  
Good Evening. I have attached pictures of a desk made by Imperial Desk Company and I'm wondering if you could tell me the value?
Thank you for your time,

Hi Theresa,

Explaining values.

Your desk, which was made by the Imperial furniture company, which was a maker of moderately priced furniture, is of a quality that was built to a price point and not to a high standard.

When comparing this desk with pieces made by the Kittinger furniture of Buffalo, N Y., a maker
of the finest office furniture, who's furniture appears in the White House,as well as Fortune 500 companies, one can see why today,lessor quality furniture, coupled with condition issues
is in minimum demand, accounting for very little value.

This particular desk is not an executive model, but referred to as a secretaries desk with
file drawers and modesty panel on the visitors side desk. Not a desirable model in
today's world, when searching for used office furniture.

See this Kittinger example for comparison:  <>

With today's general lack of interest in traditional office furniture, it is why I place a
value of $150. to $250. for your desk.

I trust this explanation gives you a better perspective of value.

Best Regards,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.