Antique Furniture/Dressing table!

Old dresser
Old dresser  
Hi George,

I have an old wooden dresser (as photographed) that has experienced a bit of wear and tear. I was wondering when it would have been made! It's dark brown, missing all its knobs, and doesn't have an accompanying mirror.

Thank you for your help!

Hi Ru,

I can not say what company made this particular piece.

As a little boy, I can visualize my mother sitting at a similar example with a matching bench
and mirror, fussing with her hair and meticulously applying her makeup.

From what I am able to see, your wood veneered ladies vanity was made around the 1920's.
In viewing the overall construction and condition, it is not a piece that would get
many buyers attention today, due to it's obsolescence..

A value of $75. would be appropriate.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.