Antique Furniture/Dressing table!

Question
Old dresser
Old dresser  
Hi George,

I have an old wooden dresser (as photographed) that has experienced a bit of wear and tear. I was wondering when it would have been made! It's dark brown, missing all its knobs, and doesn't have an accompanying mirror.

Thank you for your help!

Ru

Answer
Hi Ru,

I can not say what company made this particular piece.

As a little boy, I can visualize my mother sitting at a similar example with a matching bench
and mirror, fussing with her hair and meticulously applying her makeup.

From what I am able to see, your wood veneered ladies vanity was made around the 1920's.
In viewing the overall construction and condition, it is not a piece that would get
many buyers attention today, due to it's obsolescence..

A value of $75. would be appropriate.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III