Antique Furniture/Elite Furniture Co. table

Question
table
table  

table partially open
table partially open  
My friend, lives three states away, has asked me to sell this table from his parents estate. It slides open to accommodate three leafs that are sitting on top in the picture. On the bottom is a sticker Elite Tables Elite Furniture Co Jamestown, NY. It has has stamped on one of the wooden slides, "The Watertown Slide" Watertown Table Slide Corporation Watertown, Wisconsin
He said he heard from his mother that it was a "Captain's Table" used on a sailing ship, from the 19th century.
I would like a estamite as to it's worth. Thank you, Jim

Answer
top retail 500, average 350.  elite table company started around 1905-10.

not from a ship.  this is a fairly common form of expandable table made in the 1920-40 era in mahogany veneer.  it is an adaptation from the early game tables which folded out.  this form expanded with the insertable leaves.  very desirable and usable table.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein