Antique Furniture/Furniture

Full View
Full View  
What can you tell me by just letting a photo of a piece of furniture I just bought.  I really liked it until I saw the outside was cracked and I am not sure it is worth restoring.  I got it at an estate sale and didn't take the time to fully access it because I was in a hurry to got to the next sale.  I love the inside but not sure if I should restore or give it to goodwill due to the outside crack in the closing doors.

It is an interesting piece.  looks to be from the 1920s when a lot of this decoration was used.  

it will be difficult to repair the splits and make it look right.  however.  seeing th picture with the doors open, why not remove the doors and hang it.  I like it better with the doors open.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.