Antique Furniture/robert w irwin table

Question
identification
identification  

table
table  
We acquired an antique cherry table from our great aunt (original owner).  We can not find any other identifying markers on the table, besides the tag in the picture posted.  We also have the hutch (she called it a welch dresser) that was paired with the table.  It does not have any identifying markers at all.
1. Was curious on the actual wood type?
2. Who was original maker and time period made?
3. Would like (if possible) fair market value?

I can send further pictures if needed.
Thank you for your expertise.

Teri

Answer
hello

you know the original maker, Robert Irwin Company in grand rapids.
you will have to use the followup function and do a close picture of the wood grain of the top and leg for wood identification.  most likely it is maple, sweet gum or tulip poplar of a mix of them.  finish looks to be original.

Round label like yours was begun in the late 1920s into the early 30s.  Patent info here--->
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/1736533.html

then read here

http://www.leagle.com/decision/1941759123F2d636_1559

fair market value in a shop depending on location and type of store;  550-750$  

Antique Furniture

robert klein