Antique Furniture/sewing table

cabinet view 1
cabinet view 1  

cabinet view 2
cabinet view 2  
I would like to know the approximate age and value of this sewing cabinet - it doesn't hold a sewing machine but appears like it could be for sewing notions.  If you happen to know its purpose would appreciate knowing and the type of wood.  It is obviously a dark finish.  Belonged to my grandparents.

made in the 1920-30 era and was as you suspect a sewing cabinet for keeping all the implements together for hand work.

wood is either sweett gum or/and tulip poplar stained to a walnut.  finish is original.
light color badge on the drawer is birds eye maple.

in a good retail store it would price at 200/250 after waxing.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.