Antique Furniture/sewing table

Question
cabinet view 1
cabinet view 1  

cabinet view 2
cabinet view 2  
I would like to know the approximate age and value of this sewing cabinet - it doesn't hold a sewing machine but appears like it could be for sewing notions.  If you happen to know its purpose would appreciate knowing and the type of wood.  It is obviously a dark finish.  Belonged to my grandparents.

Answer
made in the 1920-30 era and was as you suspect a sewing cabinet for keeping all the implements together for hand work.

wood is either sweett gum or/and tulip poplar stained to a walnut.  finish is original.
light color badge on the drawer is birds eye maple.

in a good retail store it would price at 200/250 after waxing.

Antique Furniture

robert klein