Antique Furniture/Spinet Desk

Question
desk
desk  

side view
side view  
Hello Mr. Harrison,

Could you tell me a time era for this piece? I am guessing around 1920. There are so many variations to the spinet desks. This was made by the Colonel Manufacturing Company. Is there a style or company that is more desirable for collecting? I actually do not mind the wear seen in the photos. Any info is appreciated. There are two drawers on the sides and one underneath. The legs are removable but I am unsure if this is a standard feature for this type of desk.

Sincerely,
Beth

Answer
1910-20s as you suspect.

Most all these desks were manufactured in the same basic configuration.  Also, most companies, like today, manufacturer standard and high grades.  All I have seen have legs that will unscrew from the case.  

condition affects value.  I recommend you buy toluene free Briwax in the dark brown color and wax this piece well.  not thick just thoroughly.  should take two hours.

market value is around 450, higher or lower depending on the type of venue.  insurance replacement value times two.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein