Antique Furniture/Wakefield Stool

Wakefield Stool
Wakefield Stool  

Wakefield Stool
Wakefield Stool  
Hi Robert, some time ago we purchased this adjustable stool. It is in oak with a caned seat. There is a footrest and it is backless. There is a faint label under the seat with the Wakefield name. Now I know this was before Heywood and Wakefield merged. I'm thinking it is possibly from the 1800's. It is in beautiful condition with no need to refinish. Would you have any more information to share and a possible value? Here are the attached photos. I can send more if needed.

Thank you.

wakefield merged with hayward around 1898 if i remember correctly.

these are not often found in good condition, i dont know what you paid but I have seen them
as high as 350$ in shops.  figure around 1880 for its manufacture.  

what did you want to know?

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.