Antique Furniture/Wakefield Stool

Question
Wakefield Stool
Wakefield Stool  

Wakefield Stool
Wakefield Stool  
Hi Robert, some time ago we purchased this adjustable stool. It is in oak with a caned seat. There is a footrest and it is backless. There is a faint label under the seat with the Wakefield name. Now I know this was before Heywood and Wakefield merged. I'm thinking it is possibly from the 1800's. It is in beautiful condition with no need to refinish. Would you have any more information to share and a possible value? Here are the attached photos. I can send more if needed.

Thank you.

Answer
wakefield merged with hayward around 1898 if i remember correctly.

these are not often found in good condition, i dont know what you paid but I have seen them
as high as 350$ in shops.  figure around 1880 for its manufacture.  

what did you want to know?

Antique Furniture

robert klein