Antique Furniture/Antique Coffee Table

Heywood Wakefield Table
Heywood Wakefield Tabl  

Inside View
Inside View  
I have what I think is an antique coffee table by the company Heywood Wakefield.  On the bottom of the piece it has it's logo, the word "cinnamon," and the code, "C1471 G." Also, looking at the table, it appears that it has multiple, little drawers that can be opened, however it's the top of the unit that can be opened. Could you tell me the type of wood, approximate year and value of this piece?

Hi Sara,

There really is no such thing as an antique coffee table since the form has not
been around for over 100 years which is how old a piece needed to be before it
is considered a true antique.  Perhaps vintage would be a better choice of words.

It appears to be made of Maple, in the 1950's and a value of $75. would be appropriate.

Good Luck,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.