Antique Furniture/antique oval mirror

Hi. Sending the pics again...thanks

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for sending the photo's of your mirror.  In viewing the photo's I would have to say that the mirror dates to the 1920's to 1930's and could have been made by any number of
companies at that time. In the world of furniture history there is very little to go by since only a handful of the finer companies have documented past histories.

The quality is not especially fine so we can rule out the higher quality mirror manufacturers
such as Friedman Brothers of New York and now Florida. An immediate giveaway as to the quality of the mirror is the fact that it is simply a painted gold frame and is not done in gold leaf,
a process that is quite expensive, even back in the day when we were on the old gold standard.

As for value, I place a $50. to $75. price on the mirror.

I hope that this has been of benefit to you.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.