Antique Furniture/antique oval mirror

Question
mirror
mirror  

mirror
mirror  
Hi. Sending the pics again...thanks

Answer
Hi Kathy,

Thanks for sending the photo's of your mirror.  In viewing the photo's I would have to say that the mirror dates to the 1920's to 1930's and could have been made by any number of
companies at that time. In the world of furniture history there is very little to go by since only a handful of the finer companies have documented past histories.

The quality is not especially fine so we can rule out the higher quality mirror manufacturers
such as Friedman Brothers of New York and now Florida. An immediate giveaway as to the quality of the mirror is the fact that it is simply a painted gold frame and is not done in gold leaf,
a process that is quite expensive, even back in the day when we were on the old gold standard.

As for value, I place a $50. to $75. price on the mirror.

I hope that this has been of benefit to you.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriiors.com  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III