Antique Furniture/Antique photographer's chair

Question
chair view #1
chair view #1  

chair view #2
chair view #2  
Hi, I believe what I have is an antique photographer's chair so I would like your opinion as to whether that's a correct assessment.  If it's not, please tell me your determination.  I've attached 2 pictures, a front view taken from above and a side view.  I would also like your opinion of the value of this chair.  Thank you.

Answer
This was originally sold as a reception chair.  The photographers chair name was attached later as photographers used these fine and beautiful chairs as setting.

In 2007 an identical chair sold for only 300 in a small alabama auction.  the condition was not near as good as yours.

In todays market it should sell close to 1000 retail in a shop.

This is the desirable style of wicker made around 1885-95 by Wakefield Rattan or Heyward Co. possibly even after they merged but that would have been in 1898.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein