Antique Furniture/Antique photographer's chair

chair view #1
chair view #1  

chair view #2
chair view #2  
Hi, I believe what I have is an antique photographer's chair so I would like your opinion as to whether that's a correct assessment.  If it's not, please tell me your determination.  I've attached 2 pictures, a front view taken from above and a side view.  I would also like your opinion of the value of this chair.  Thank you.

This was originally sold as a reception chair.  The photographers chair name was attached later as photographers used these fine and beautiful chairs as setting.

In 2007 an identical chair sold for only 300 in a small alabama auction.  the condition was not near as good as yours.

In todays market it should sell close to 1000 retail in a shop.

This is the desirable style of wicker made around 1885-95 by Wakefield Rattan or Heyward Co. possibly even after they merged but that would have been in 1898.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.