Antique Furniture/Chair

Question
Chair
Chair  
I found this chair in a garage sale and I was wondering if it was worth anything before I paint it and redo the seat.any info is greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Patti

Answer
I only recommend that you put a spray coat of clear shellac on the chair before painting so if in the future a family member wishes to remove the paint it will be easier.  you can buy shellac in an aerosol spray can at most home improvement stores.  apply multiple thin coats.

you going to paint the cane seat or put it in after painting and leave it natural?

Antique Furniture

robert klein