Antique Furniture/Dining set

Question
Dining Set
Dining Set  

End Chair
End Chair  
Could you please tell me the type of my dining table and chairs and if you have any idea on their value?  I was told the chairs were c.1890 and the table is c.1910.  Thanks!

Answer
Hi Susan,

To answer your question regarding the table, I would say first that it is done in the Jacobean style and dates to the 1920's and made form Walnut, a common practice for this style of
furniture. I date the chairs to the 1920's as well.

The chairs are done in a later Queen Anne style.  They are a rather simple production machine
made example.  With the turned cross-stretcher base they are attempting to copy a New England
style, but a failed attempt, for sure.

As for value, the table is worth $175. to $225. and the chairs have a value of $20. $25. each.

Best Wishes.

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainterors.com

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III