Antique Furniture/Ethan Allen Dresser

Outside Image
Outside Image  

Dresser Label
Dresser Label  
Could you tell me any info you may have on this Ethan Allen dresser? For example, type of wood, what type of metal the knobs are, how old it might be, and approximate value.  The top drawer of this dresser is divided into 5 slots for smaller items. Also, with pieces like this, is it better to refurbish it to it's original state or would it be better to change it up? For example, changing knobs (as you can see a couple are missing), staining a different color and/or painting?

Hi Sara,

Your Ethan Allen chest appears to have been made in the 1950' - 1960's, The case
wood appears to be Maple and the secondary drawer construction is of Oak.

If you have bought this piece with the idea to resell it then you will need to
replace all the knobs and do a good clean up using a lemon oil product. I would
not spend the time or the money to get into labor intensive refinishing for
you will not profit.  I place a value of $250 to $275 on the chest.

Best Wishes.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.