Antique Furniture/information on antique dresser & value

antique dresser3
antique dresser3  

antique dresser1
antique dresser1  
My sister-in-law gave me this dresser about 35 yrs. ago. She said her family had it for many yrs., and she thought it was circa 1853? Can you identify the wood type, where it was possibly made, when it was made, and what it may be worth? It does not have all the knobs on it in the picture, but I do have all of the original knobs.

it is oak and quarter sawn oak.

made around 1900, if you take the back off the mirror there might be a date of when the mirror was made if it is the original beveled mirror and it looks like it is.

knobs should be oak as well.

as to where it was made that would not be possible without a label.  there were about 5000 factories making furniture around that time of history.

cleaned up ans waxed, if everything works as it should, drawers slide smoothly, solid structure not wiggly it would sell in a shop around 350-450.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.