Antique Furniture/Office chair BL Marbel chair august 1923

Question
Under chair
Under chair  

Parts
Parts  
I am trying it repair an antique chair in which the mechanism for tilting (?) is broken.  The chair is in excellent shape other wise.  Do you have a picture of the under carriage as to what is looks like or ideas, a site that would assist me with the repair?   Chair dated August 1923' from the BL Marbel CO in Ohio.  It has been in the family since new. We are fixing this for a friend, and do not think we have all the parts.

Answer
I have never found a place to find the items needed.  There are double coil springs within two retainers--never have located a source for the springs.  I am using a chair similar with missing springs.  Another thing is that the different companies often had minor differences in the mechanisms every few years.

the only thing you can do is cannibalize another chair and make it work on yours.  or try these--->>

https://www.swivel-chair-parts.com/ManualMechanismPage.html

http://oodlesofusedparts.com/chair_parts_ii.html

usually two adjustments, the handle that tightens the springs to make it tilt with more resistance and the other is a square nut that backs out or in to adjust the amount of tilt.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein