Antique Furniture/Sikes Bench

Question
Sikes Bench underside
Sikes Bench underside  

Sikes Bench
Sikes Bench  
Hi Robert,
I recently found this bench or foot stool made by sikes chair company in buffalo NY. The label on the bottom reads Sikes chair company, buffalo NY Pattern 1039B. There is no wood or finish listed. I wonder if you could help me date it? Determine the wood type, the style and a current monetary value in current condition. It's also a little wobbly seems the cross bar pieces are lose. Would using some wood glue to steady it up hurt the value? i have more pictures if you need them.  Thanks so much for all your help.  Stacy

Answer
1920-40

cant see the wood close enough in the picture to identify, closer pic would help using the followup function

if you glue, you must take the stool apart, clean old glue and reglue and clamp overnight to do properly.  if done properly is it good if not then it is bad.

50$-75$ stool when tight.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein