Antique Furniture/Table

Question
Dining chair
Dining chair  

Table
Table  
I have a dining table, 6 chairs and the buffet hutch i bought at auction. It has no markings or tags on it. Can you tell me anything about it and its value? The hutch is in storage so I don't have a picture of it right now.

Answer
Hi Megan,

What you have are pieces that were made in the Jacobean style, dating back to the
1920' - 30's.  Without labeling it is very difficult to say what company made them
since a large number of companies were turning our this style of furniture which was
popular at the time.  The style of table is often referred to as a "Refractory Table"
with pull out end extensions.

Since there is not much interest in the heavy style of furniture, I have watched the
prices drop considerably. I feel the price range today for your 8 pieces to be
$600. to $700. providing you can find a willing buyer.

Best of luck with them.

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III