Antique Furniture/Antique bed frame

Question
Bed frame whole
Bed frame whole  

Headboard
Headboard  
Hello,

I have what I believe to be an antique twin bed frame. It is slightly too small in width and length for our normal mattress so we put slats above the frame to hold them. I would very much like to know the type of wood, it looks like walnut or mahogany to me, as well as the style and any worth estimate you may have. It has lots of carving and carved rings around all the spindles. I will add pictures. Thank you very much for your time!

Answer
it is called a spool bed.  the turnings are called spool turnings and also called bobbin turnings--spool is better term. made around 1875.

need a better picture to identify the wood species.

use the followup function to post another picture.

thanks

Antique Furniture

robert klein