Antique Furniture/Antique Hall Tree

hall tree
hall tree  

I purchased this hall tree from a moving sale.  Could you tell me anything about it.  I know the hooks are not original, but the mirror seems to be and it is in pretty good shape.  I saw one very similar in an antique store and they were asking 475 cdn. Would that be a fair price?

Hi Anne,

While I am not so sure what the market is like for Victorian in Canada, I can tell you that it is pretty flat down here, except for the rare and totally original examples.

Your piece appears to be totally skinned and refinished and with replaced hardware I would say that your example is worth less than the  example you are referring to at $475..

Perhaps the $300. range might stir up some interest.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.