Antique Furniture/Antique Hall Tree

Question
hall tree
hall tree  

top
top  
I purchased this hall tree from a moving sale.  Could you tell me anything about it.  I know the hooks are not original, but the mirror seems to be and it is in pretty good shape.  I saw one very similar in an antique store and they were asking 475 cdn. Would that be a fair price?

Answer
Hi Anne,

While I am not so sure what the market is like for Victorian in Canada, I can tell you that it is pretty flat down here, except for the rare and totally original examples.

Your piece appears to be totally skinned and refinished and with replaced hardware I would say that your example is worth less than the  example you are referring to at $475..

Perhaps the $300. range might stir up some interest.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III