Antique Furniture/Folding end table

Folding table
Folding table  

Hi, I was wondering if you could give a date of when this was made and what kind of wood? It has to fold up/down side tables. Any kind of info would be great. Right now I am in the process of sanding it. My sister bought it at a Salvation Army store for $15. Seen the logo and tried to do some internet searching, but didn't come up with much other than this site.

Hi Joycelyn,

My first thought was why did your sister not leave the table at the Salvation Army.

Finding a 1950's vintage piece of Pa. House Furniture, that has been painted, is not
exactly like you have just discovered the Hope Diamond.

Pa. House furniture was usually made from Cherry wood and the secondary drawer construction
is made of Oak, a choice found with many furniture companies.

Since you did not mention why you are in the process of sanding the piece, I can only assume
you are going to repaint the table in the hope of turning it into a $50. table, perhaps?

Good luck with your project and in the future when you have spare time on your hands, I
would recommend reading a good book to pass the time.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.