Antique Furniture/Folding end table

Question
Folding table
Folding table  

Logo
Logo  
Hi, I was wondering if you could give a date of when this was made and what kind of wood? It has to fold up/down side tables. Any kind of info would be great. Right now I am in the process of sanding it. My sister bought it at a Salvation Army store for $15. Seen the logo and tried to do some internet searching, but didn't come up with much other than this site.

Answer
Hi Joycelyn,

My first thought was why did your sister not leave the table at the Salvation Army.

Finding a 1950's vintage piece of Pa. House Furniture, that has been painted, is not
exactly like you have just discovered the Hope Diamond.

Pa. House furniture was usually made from Cherry wood and the secondary drawer construction
is made of Oak, a choice found with many furniture companies.

Since you did not mention why you are in the process of sanding the piece, I can only assume
you are going to repaint the table in the hope of turning it into a $50. table, perhaps?

Good luck with your project and in the future when you have spare time on your hands, I
would recommend reading a good book to pass the time.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
<www.americanainteriors.com/>

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III