Antique Furniture/old bed

head and foot pieces
head and foot pieces  

Hello, I recently acquired a bed and would like to know more about it. It is Taylor Made bedroom furniture and jamestown Table Co. I looked up the Taylor Made and found they just started in the 1980's and it's definitely older than that. I found a little about the Jamestown but not much. the pictures have the tag and the head and foot of the bed. The sides are wood as well and have 314 carved on the inside of them. Here are my questions.

Do you know what wood it is?
It's age?
Does it have any value?
If it has value, how much?
Does the style of the bed have a name?

thank you very much.

to identify wood species i need a close clear picture of the grain but prevalent at this time 1910-20s was walnut, sweet gum and tulip poplar stained to walnut.  the light wood looks to be burl ash or maple.

1910-1920s manufactured bed with a fair market value of 350 if the condition is good and the rails are original and tight.

colonial revival style

taylor-made as the trade name of jamestown table company in jamestown ny.

jamestown table company was in business from around 1900 to 1980.

the taylor-made you saw is a different company.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.