Antique Furniture/Parlour Set

Question
Settee
Settee  
Oak Parlour Set
Oak Parlour Set  
QUESTION: Hello - I have a 4 piece parlour set that I had professionally re-upholstered in the late 1970's.  My parents received the set from a family friend who was in her 50's around 1960.  The set had belonged to her deceased parents.  The original upholstery had been removed before my family acquired it, so I have no idea what material was on it, and the seat springs were stored in a wooden box.  I'd like to know the age, what style or period it is, where it might have been made and what the current value is. It appears to be oak, but please verify if you will.  I have individual photos of each piece and the backs of the settee and arm chair if you'd like to see them.  Thanking you in advance.

ANSWER: use the followup function and post a close picture of the wood grain please

settee arm
settee arm  

settee centre back
settee centre back  
QUESTION: I hope you are able to see the wood grain in these pics.  Thanks

Answer
you are correct that it is oak.

made around 1900, late victorian style.

i assume that the carving on the top rails are all matching.

retail in a shop

loveseat
475
chair 275
platform rocker
325
chair
150

insurance replacement higher

Antique Furniture

robert klein